Together with Sanquin Research (Amsterdam, the Netherlands) Okklo is developing novel cyclodextrin derivatives for the treatment or prevention of bleedings in anticoagulant use or blood clotting disorders.
Our lead compounds enhance coagulation in:
- Normal human plasma
- Factor VIII, IX and XI deficient human plasma
- Human plasma spiked with inhibitors
- Patient plasma containing high titers of inhibitors
- A mouse hemophilia A bleeding model
- In addition, our leads antagonize the anticoagulant effect of a wide variety of anticoagulants such as NOACs, Vitamin K antagonists, (low molecular weight) heparins and heparin like compounds.
Our lead compound fully reverses the anticoagulant effect of a NOAC in an in vivo bleeding model.
As such, our prohemostatic cyclodextrins may be used as:
- On demand or chronic therapy of hemophilia with inhibitors
- Add on therapy in hemophilia
- Truly universal anticoagulant reversal agent